12 January 2014

When the Words Do Not Come

Poets, composers, authors, and playwrights are amazing individuals.  While I dabble a little in the world of words, it is just a hobby.  Authors like C.S. Lewis, Tolken, or Tolstory, to mention a few, were able to capture a world of literary interest with thier words on paper.  The same can be said about other creative disciplines above.  

Today Mr C. Inquired about the word offend and offensive.  Which sent me into a five minute discussion that I felt like went in a circle.  All the words which popped into my head to explain what the words meant were more complex (and harder to spell).  To craft the love story, and capture the readers, well some readers, attention for 1,000 pages is simply amazing.  

From the menu today, I had grits.  I can count the numer of times I have had grits on one hand.  That of course does not include fried grits, which are truly amazing, most food that has been fried, covered in butter, and the soaked with syrup are wonderful.  

I fired up the new homemade ice cream machine today, and made some.  It was really quite good, and did not include the hassle with the ice, rock salt, towels, and leaky bucket on the back porch.




No comments: