06 January 2014

The Cruise Ship

Ella and I finished Ella's cruise ship over the Christmas holidays.  Lego's have come a long way since I was a kid.  You can build stars ships, a Harry Potter Castle, or even some of the scenes from "The Lord of the Rings."  I could hardly image what Tolkien would think about the little plastic pieces (which are a killer on bear feet, and household organization) being transformed into his characters and scenes.  What is next for the brick creating geniuses?  The Lego store rates in the top five of places to go shopping, also in the top five are William-Sonomia, and the Apple Store.  Although the Apple store is losing so e of its luster, because I have everything I need, and it is normally super crowded.  While I have everything I "need" at William-Sonomia, I like to look and see thing I would like to have.  Also, it is not as crowded or heitic as the Apple Store.

In other news from the day, many kids went back to school after the Holiday Break, as did many adults, well not to school, back to work.  Thus ending one of my favorite times of the year.  This year it all felt rushed, like trying to make a connecting flight in Atlanta's Hartfield airport.  With turkey day and Christmas Day so close together.  Next year I am going to lobby for Mexican food on Christmas Day.  It is strange to think that the two big turkey and dressing meals in America, are served withinv 30 days of each other.  Maybe some sort of brunch would work better on Christmas Day , just imagine... Grilled  Chicken, with waffles, and biscuits & gravy.  Eaten a around 10:30, after the delights of the stockings are unpacked, promptly followed by a NAP.

The Lego Friends Cruise Ship, Sailing the carpet brown.  Blue carpet just does not work for me.


No comments: