13 January 2014

Pablo Picasso

Picasso's full birth name is - Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso.  After reading that I could see why he went by Pablo Picasso, and have a greater appreciation for just saying, "Picasso."  Like most artist there are some works that I really like, and others that I find to be odd, strange, peculiar.  My favorite styles were the line art.  My favorites are Boquet with Hands and 

La Ronde.  These drawing with their simple style speak volumes about life, love, and people.  The act of love giving flowers to another, be it a friend, family, or lover is captured with a few lines on a white background.  In the other, the joy of the human spirit along with the energy in a group of people lays before me on a white canvas. 


Boquet with Hands


La Ronde

No comments: