25 January 2014

Park House Restaurant

Last week I had the opportunity to eat at a new restaurant, which has not been opened too long.  Since I am everyone's source for pop culture and local events, I only accidentally learned of this new place which has been opened for a little more than a month.  I had the Pasta Carbonara, which has - Pappardelle, Pork Belly, Free Range Eggs, Herbed Parmesan Cheese, Roasted Garlic.  It was very tasty, and certainly not what I had expected when I read the menu.  The noodles in the dish were really wide, the thick cream sauce was like a delightful glue, ensuring that all of the peas and other parts of the dish did not get left behind.  I did not find a stand alone, or stand out egg from a Free Range chicken, so either they used caged chicken eggs, or it was a hidden ingredient in the egg noodles.  The pork belly was okay, it was tougher than I expected, and thicker as well.  The taste, completely made up for my minor misgivings about the pork.

It was hard for me to gauge the atmosphere of the restaurant, it was Friday and their was a light lunch crowd.  The building and furnishings were on par with a nice restaurant.  Close your eyes and imagine you are sitting in a park restaurant, where the walls are primarily glass looking out over the park.  As you pan across you view there it is, right there in front of you, a 72 inch wide television with ESPN's sports center playing.  We could not hear the Television, but there it hung, from inside a beautiful restaurant, reminding me, that I cannot able to escape to a nice restaurant without being bombarded by the very visual televisions.  One other odd thing I noticed, the background music at the restaurant, was one album, set of repeat and shuffle.  The only songs I heard were from a single album.  I might not have picked up on it, had it not been an album I have and listen to.

The important questions…
Would I eat there again - Yes
Would I take the kids there - No

Below is a link to the website and a picture of my plate and a shot from inside the restaurant that I did not take.







No comments: