27 January 2014

Green River Ordinance

I discovered a new band the other day, Green River Ordance.  There is something about the clean, clear, and folksy music that really resonates with me.  I liked their music enough to download their album, which is saying something.  It is difficult or challenging to bucket their "style" which is probably what draws me to their music.  I am no longer impressed with the big head liners like Justin Beiber, Mylie Cyrus, etc., I enjoy great music that is off the beaten path.  Their website describes their music as, "WALKING THE LINES OF COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, AND FOLK, GREEN RIVER ORDINANCE IS A BAND THAT CONSTANTLY CHALLENGES THE BORDERS OF GENRE. HOWEVER AS THEIR MUSIC CONTINUES TO MATURE AND CHANGE, GRO STILL HOLDS TRUE TO THE PURSUIT OF MUSIC THAT SPEAKS TO THE SOUL AND MOVES YOUR FEET."  (It was in all caps on the website, I am not yelling, if I was I would use an explanation point.  Check them out...you may be impressed, I was!




No comments: