26 January 2014

Sunday Supper

Sunday Supper has degraded over the past year, from me spending a good portion of the afternoon, to a I am going to throw something together.  There are several drivers for the change, one is that the kids were not always big fans of what I cooked.  I cannot wait until their tastes expand past the basics.  I am very excited that Mr C actually ate tacos a while back.  I think their was some cousin peer pressure involved, they must be good of my cousin is eating them.  They are contet to have Cheerios (multi-grain of course) for dinner.  

Tonight it was hot dogs, a few weeks ago it was natchos.  They (the children) turned down nachos for dinner and elected to eat oatmeal.  I love hot dogs, always have and probably always will.  They have to have chili, mustard, ketsup, cheese, and relish, to be good.  Tonight's had those ingredients, laid on a whole wheat bun.  It was might tasty, and I only used a sauce pan for the chili, so there is not much clean up.  The kids grinned when I informed them we would be having hot dogs for dinner.


The chili out of a can and into the sauce pan, being heated by natural gas.

I have also always enjoyed cooking shows, and have made the switch to public broadcasting for my cooking show fix.  PBS here has a channel called Create which has the best cooking shows.  Shows with a wide variety of topics and techniques, without the recent reality TV slant which the Cooking Channel and the Food Network consist of.  Most of my knife techniques I learned from watching the tele...  So, here to PBS and create for providing a platform to learn about cooking while being entertained.


No comments: