17 January 2014

What is Behind the Panel

Men like to do manly things.  This is a pretty obvious thing, particularly when that man has been stuck in meetings for an entire week.  It is not that meetings are unmanly, they just do not involve using your hands or entire body to resolve a problem, unless the meeting is at the boxing club.  That kind of meeting is manly, however, I have never enjoyed watching it.  I would rather watch golf, where the grass is green, everything is in its place, and the boys are wearing dress pants and baseball hats.  

Have you ever wondered why they wear dress pants and baseball hats.  Oh sure, they call them golf pants, bit they are just like dress pants.  They should wear hats with a wider brim all the way around, it would offer more ear protection.  I would not wear them riding a horse changing the oil, or replacing the passenger side door actuator on my pickup.  

That was the thing I did, and when it was completed I had a sense of accomplishment, that felt different the completing a blog.  It was not complex, I just had to figure out how to:

1) get the panels hiding the bolts
2) remove the bolts
3) find more hidden bolts
4) remove more bolts
5) pull the door panel off using a "jerking motion"
6) unhooked the wiring from the switches
7) unhook all the stuff from actuator
9) getting my hand inside the door panel
And so on...

This was the view once the panel was off.

It was whiter than I had expected.  It is now back on and the door lock works great.  I put the extra bolt in the glove box, who knows...

No comments: