07 January 2014

January Cold

In this fast paced electronic world we find ourselves in, the days of picking up the photo album and flipping through pages have gone.  These days with the digital cameras, I find myself taking many, many more photos that I would have with my old N70 film camera.  Development cost are really reasonable with the digital camera, if I do not like the shot, two buttons and it is gone forever.  Never to see the surface of photo paper.  Tonight, I was doing the modern version of looking at the photo album, staring at the computer screen (similar to my screen at work) and pressing the arrow key as I went from photo to photo.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really enjoy the digital pictures, there are times, when I long for days gone by.  When you would do things like, 
  • Swipe your friends camera and take random photos
  • Hand out disposable cameras at wedding receptions to see what the crowd sees
  • Spend 15 minutes in awl-mart filling out the film pouch before dropping it in
  • Starting at pictures, attempting to recall just what the subject was
  • Finding the random roll of undeveloped film in the junk drawer in the kitchen
  • Standing in the dark room, as the image you captured, magically appears on the 8x10 Kodak paper in Black and White.
Today's picture was not taken today, it is actually from the fall of 2012.  Taken at a great restaurant in Florida.  While flipping through photos, this one made me think of a time when things were warmer, and the air was less abrasive.  Fall on the white beaches of Florida is wonderful, not to hot, not to crowded, and the water is still warm.


No comments: