19 January 2014

IKEA...

Today was the day of all days, it was IKEA day.  If you are not familiar with IKEA it is a cross between bed bath and beyond, and an assemble it yourself furniture store on steroids. Thier furniture is all self assembly, not to difficult, and well made.  We started shopping there in Houston, and have several bookcases, an entertainment center, all of our forks, measuring spoons, and wine glasses.  

 If you have never been there the first trip can be overwhelming.  Here are my recommendations for the first trip.

1. Look at thier website and catalog
2. Go with a list of what you are looking for.
3.  Make measurements of where you want your furniture to go.
4. Understand the cargo capacity of your vehicle, and the size of your purchases 
5.  The store feels like a maze, look at the map, and don't be afraid of cutting through a section.
6.  The kitchen stuff is reasonably priced, I bough my first and only wok from IlEA.  It is great, non stick, and it was only $5.00.
7.  Kids and IKEA, if they don't like shopping they really will not like this place.
8.  While it can be daughnting, thier cafe (yes they have a cafeteria at the furniture store, and this is not only with instant coffee and purchased doughnuts) is pretty good.
9.  Avoid Saturday and Sunday afternoons for your first visit, it will be a zoo.

After a few trips you get pretty comfortable navigating the store, just like me.

All that said, I made two tuns through the store the past two days.  Made what I think is record setting pace with Honey Saturday night, we arrived 35 minutes before they closed.  Found a few things, and filled up the back of my trick with stuff my sister purchased.  We did some creative packing in Lizz and Natty's car. 

The Store

 
My Truck


No comments: