10 January 2014

Classic Video Games

Over Christmas I busted out my old xbox, which I have not played in over 2 years.  I got it set up over Christmas, and realized that I only had one controller.  Since it is 3 generations behind the latest xbox, I had to go to eBay to find controllers. I was really excited when they came in, the excitement was deflated because it did not include the breakaway cord.  First off, who designs a video game controller that needs a break away controller?  Secondly, it's a video game controller, why would it have not come with the entire cord.  

Tonight the missing cord pieces came in allowing  Mr C and Ms E to race each other without running through the kitchen.  They both crawled into the chair and made some laps in fast cars.  

A certain nostalgia wells up when playing on fibre classic games, like the old ninitendo or the even older Atari.  Those were the days, a basic joystick and a single button.  Instead of a controller with 8 buttons, 2 arrows, two thumb stickes, and a breakaway cord.



No comments: