07 August 2006

Truluck's, Austins Power Lunch Place

Today I had dinner at Truluck’s of Austin, which is a seafood restaurant on the corner of 4th and Colorado. I walked in and though and saw a big tall man with a shaved head and wearing a suit and tie. I thought that I was in the wrong place and he was a bouncer, and I would be bounced for wearing blue jeans. I was not ejected, and the man I saw was the manager. The food was exceptional, it was the type of meal, that made you want to smoke a hand rolled cigar from Nawlins, but instead, I settled for a café mocca at this corner coffee haus. If the truth was told it was an adventurous day, I slept about 4 hours last night and headed for work. Work is always busy when you are leaving on a trip, and today was no exception to that rule. My flight was supposed to stop in Dallas for the Southwest Airlines shuffle. Since the airport was closed and we were running low on fuel they decided to swing by Austin for a refill, which made all the Austin bound passengers happy. The Dallas bound folks did not look to pleased.

I walked and ran on the tread mill for 25 minutes tonight and went 1.5 miles. The humidity here is terrible; I looked like I stood in the shower with my clothes on after that little exercise.

Austin reminds me of Atlanta, it is they both have rolling hills and trees, none of the streets are straight, and there are a lot of cars on the road. I think Austin might be a neat place to live in several aspects. However, I think there are some aspects that would not be as appealing. By the shear number of people that live here, I am not the only one that thinks it would be a nice place to live. Take for instance the trash situation, it is not as easy as carrying it out to the dumpster in the alley. The price of housing is not quite as reasonable as Borger, Texas USA.

No comments: