15 August 2006

Fast Enchalidas.... You make the call

Today it was one of those beautiful overcast drizzle all day weather days. I am sure that people in the Northwest part of America do not considers days like this beautiful, because they have lots of them. However, here in the panhandle of Texas where we average 20 inches of rain per year, they are precious. I could hear my grass say, “Thank you for the rain!” Amy, Cap and I played in the living room for 1 hour after supper, and it was great. Cap climbed all over Amy, and then he climbed on me a little before he found something more interesting. His birthday is tomorrow, and I am excited, it seems like time has flown by. I will be skipping choir practice, but only because I have to go to the church council meeting. Amy asked me what I wanted to do, and I replied, just being around the two of you on his birthday will be fine with me.

Some people do not like birthdays very much, which is a though process that I have never understood. They look at birthdays as being another year older and it depresses them. It should be a celebration, where one says, “Hello world look at me, I made it through 2, or 30 or 60 years of life on this earth, praise God!!” People get all worked up over turning 30, you are just one year older then when you were 29. It is all based on our society and the pressures that we put on ourselves. Perhaps a near death experience will change one’s outlook at life.

We had lunch with Brain and Win-Dixie today at the Plaza. It was lunch and they were crowded. SO after 30 minutes of waiting the food arrived, well most of it. Mine was not quite ready yet. Right after the food was delivered the waitress came by and asked if we needed anything, and I said, “My food would be nice to have at this point.” It was promptly delivered after that comment. The underlying issue that I have is that we were eating at a Mexican Food Place. I was the only one that order “Tradition” Mexican food for my lunch (2 beef enchiladas), and yet mine was the last plate to be delivered. I would have though that they could make a fast enchilada, and everything else would have been slower.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bring on the rainy days!!! wasn't that awesome??!!

R.S. said...

bring on the rainy days!!! wasn't that awesome!?