20 August 2006

New Song

I think that I will write a song with the music off of the theme song to the Beverly Hillbillies. I was rocking along with my lyrics until I hit the word Kentucky, not an easy word to rhyme to. After Kentucky I encountered the word Asbury, after that I gave up on my song.

Ryan, Amberly, and Morgan left Borger today, beginning the trek to Wilmore, Kentucky. Leaving behind them a Legacy of individuals that they have touched, and ministered to over the past two years. A legacy, which I believe with outlast them with its ripples of effects. Today during church I offered up a prayer of thanksgiving for the future for them and our church that they departed from. I think that if you do not and are not thankful for the things to come, then you will miss out of blessing from God. They opened their lives to us and allowed themselves to be an image of Christ to each of us. Now, they will have the opportunity to do this in Kentucky, and we will have the opportunity to do it here in Borger. They blessed us by showing Christian love.

Tonight at youth we had a progressive dinner which was fun. I had several boys in my car, one is a super active 7th grader, and two were 11th graders. The two older ones thought that the younger one was spastic. I knew them when they were his age, and they were just as spastic then, as he is now. (A fact that I did not bring up, but enjoyed watching.)

No comments: