26 August 2006

Musuem, Pluto, Geo Track

I went to bed last night around 12:00 am, because I could not stay awake. When I got up at 3:00 am I decided to finish writing the blog from yesterday which is why is has a posting date of today (August 26, 2006) instead of August 25, 2006.

We had breakfast this morning, got ready for the day, and then headed for the big city of Amarillo, with no other plan than eating Bar-B-Que and going to Toys R’Us. We ate at the County Barn, the only restaurant that I almost got lost in the bathroom. The walls are made out of mirrors, so it can be very confusing. Cap rode one of the small wooden horse that are in the lobby, he was quite disappointed that they were not rocking horses.

When we arrived at Toys ‘R Us, Amy’s dad said, “Cap are you ready to get out, we have just arrived at paradise…” Which I though was pretty insightful, considering Cap’s age. We got him some additional pieces for his new Geo-Track System. The Geo-Track is a small train system manufactured by Fisher Price. He was quite enamored with it when we arrived at home, as you can see by the picture below.

We also went to the Panhandle Plains Historical Museum, located in Canyon, Texas. The museum had several exhibits that were revamped and one called the Duval Collection, which was a collection of minerals and rocks. They were breath taking to view. The museum is located on the corner of the West Texas A&M University, which I attended for two year and received a degree from. During my stint in Canyon there was a great coffee shop called “The Stomping Grounds.” I noticed that it had changed in to a beauty salon. This was a blow to my physic. The place that I help lead a bible study, drank coffee, ate breakfast all in my PJ’s with painted toe nails (I think that I only did that once or twice) his now a beauty shop. I will survive this blow, it will be tough… I took a picture of the building and it is below.

My heart has also been broken by those goofy astronomers. What right to they have to take away Pluto designation as a plant. I think that it is abdominal, were these not the people that said, “we have found another plant…” and now they say, “well technically by our new definition it is not a planet.

Below is a random picture of Cap, Amy and Stuart...

No comments: