26 August 2006

Friday Night

Last night I wrote a short paragraph which was very downtrodden, and I could not get in the grove. My mood and inability to blog was brought on by the day’s events. The events were out of my hands for the most part, but they still affected me. The big issue at work yesterday was the termination of an individual in our group. This is the third time in almost three years that an individual was terminated out of our work group. The first one was the roughest because we were in the middle of a weeklong training class, and the individual terminated was in charge of the training. We had to do the big old fashion PUNT.

EPIC did not go quite as I had envisioned. It was no a bad meeting by any means, it was just a little hard for everyone to stay on subject. I think that is partially due to the fact that no one there really wanted to make a decision about the next 6 weeks and where do and where do we go. At the end of the meeting I came to the conclusion that Ryan is an extremely patient individual. I am still very excited about the ministry that there is at EPIC and am looking forward to growing as a disciple in Christ with others.

Today has been better, it was Friday, and that always helps the day to start off on a positive note. Amy’s dad arrived in Borger, however his luggage did not make it until 5 hours later. The airlines really have a problem with the Atlanta to Dallas To Amarillo switch in Dallas. DFW is one of the larger airports in the country and they still have issues with luggage.We had Mexican food for supper at the Plaza. This was probably not the best Mexican food, but is was good. Amy’s dad likes Mexican food but lives in Atlanta. A few years ago he took us to the best Mexican food restaurant that he had found. I am hear (or there) to tell you that it was ok, but they did not put any spice in it. If you are looking for Mexican food, or Texas style bar-b-que Georgia is not the location to go to.

No comments: