07 August 2006

To Kill a Mockingbird

Last week I spent 2 ½ days at the corporate office for a meeting on one of the computer systems that the company utilizes. Strebeck and I joke a lot about movies lines, in particular there is a scene in Ocean’s Eleven, when Brad Pitt and George Clooney are watching the surveillance video on the monitor. Clooney says, “Why do they always paint walls that color?” Brad responds by saying, “They say taupe is very soothing.” I though about that line and Strebeck while I was walking down the hall to the meeting room. The walls were a taupe color. The over all office seem very sterile especially compared to the office that I work in our at the plant. There was actually a sing in the hall that said, “Please be quite when in the hall.” We actually have short meetings in the halls of our office because everyone runs into each other and we start to discuss issues. The other thing that I noticed was, not many people were listening to music as I traversed the halls.

Tonight we went to Stinnet to the church wide swimming party. It was fun, Honey and Braegan came and had a good time. Braegan enjoyed watching me jump off the diving board and going down the slide. However, he declined my invitations to go down the slide with me. We did not have any rough water basketball games, which was good. Before the swimming the youth played ultimate Frisbee and by the time I got in the pool I was hot and sweaty. The pool felt like it was 30 degrees, so I had to dive in off the diving board. There was not sauntering in the pool from the shallow end. I was informed that if I really wanted to read a classic, (Don Quixote QuixoteQuixoteQuixoteQuixoteis not quite classic enough) I should read to Kill A Mockingbird. This will have to go on my list of books to read book. I think that I need to maintain a list of movies to watch as well.

Trevor did not want his picture taken, so I did and it is below for the world wide web’s viewing pleasure…

No comments: