18 August 2006

Bob and Beth

Tonight Amy and I attended Beth and Bob’s wedding. It was a wonderful event, held at the First Presbyterian Church in Amarillo. The church building itself has always interested me, and I have desired to go in and look around for many years. I am draw to the older buildings and houses that have such beauty and spender. The inside of the church is just as beautiful as the outside, with stain glass windows along the sides and at the front of the sanctuary. It looks like a church where the traditional services are embraced and tightly held on to, like a child holds a new puppy dog. One naturally would think that the processional would be played on the organ, with it loud billowing pipes filling the large expanse with sound. This was not the case tonight, out with the organ and in with a guitar and piano. That’s right, 1 guitar, and 1 piano played the prelude and the processional, including when the bride entered and walked down the aisle.

The pastor reminded me of Owen Wilson in his appearance, and light hearted candor. It was a wonderful wedding, and as weddings always do, it reminds me to cherish my wife and our marriage.

No comments: