06 August 2006

Super Saturday

The porch project is coming along quite nicely. We got the decking on today, and the siding on the sides. We would have finished the tar paper, but we ran out about ½ through the roof. I helped my dad for a while this morning then it we worked on the porch. Thanks to Brad, Ryan, and my dad for all of their efforts and labors, I think they enjoyed the exercise more than I did. I did not mention it yesterday but the large bush in front of my house is no longer in existence. My neighbor asked if we were going to put it back together, and I said, “I don’t even know where the parts went.” He seem satisfied with this answer, and then explained to me that there was only 2 inches of top soil in everyone yard, and below that it is calachie. Information that I was not sure of, but he seem to speak like it was the gospel.

I watched the Rookie this evening; it is a great show that is inspirational. Mazie has been having fun with all of the commotion around the house, and has taken to Morgan. She is pretty good around kids, and kids generally seem to like her a lot.

I went to McDonalds this morning to grab a quick breakfast. While I ate, I read some of Don QuixoteDon QuixoteDon Quixote, which probably looked out of place for two reasons. First, I was sitting in McDonalds, which is not usually the place of choice to sit and read while enjoying a tasty meal. Secondly, I was wearing bib overalls and a baseball hat while I did it.

No comments: