27 August 2006

Jazz, the Honest Music

Jazz tells it like it is, I heard a song on the radio that chorus went something like this,

There are too many dishes in the sink
When I get home,
there are too many dishes in the sink

Jazz songs are bluntly obvious at points. This singers point is that there were to many dishes being generated, while he was at work and he wanted to know why. What other type of music could host a song called, “The Milk cow Blues.”

Amy’s dad left town this morning, back to the big city of Atlanta. While he claims to live in Atlanta, he actually lives 70 miles north of the airport. A fact that I did not full understand until we visited last year. He enjoyed his time with Cap, and from what I could tell Cap enjoyed him as well.

Tonight it looked like a big storm was heading for town. Since I have been working on several projects, my garage has been full of supplies and tools. I made a mad dash to get it cleaned up to where we could pull at least one vehicle into the garage before the storm arrive. With Amy and my dad’s assistance we got the car in the garage, and the garage picked up. I spent some time out there this afternoon returning stuff to the attic that Amy had gotten down, or set aside to be put up there. That saved a lot of time today. The storm missed us, but it was to close for Mazie and I to walk.

We had dinner at my parents house, because it was father’s birthday (father is not my dad but my granddad, my dad is now called Bear.) It was a lot of fun, I had some great pie, Jeff Davis to be exact, that had the perfect texture.

There was a guest speaker at church, name Fred Yazzie, he is from the four corners and is a Methodist Elder in full connection. It was interesting listing to his message and his story and calling into ministry. He said that we should be grateful for our beautiful facilities, because where they were at, people are happy to have a building. A few weeks ago we had a meeting and discussed the importance of the building to our church. It was a very interesting discussion, I think that overall everyone agreed that it was important, but it is not what holds the people together. I really think that we could have discussed it a little while long, to better understand the two choices, in relation to a physical object. I have great memories of that building, and services in the sanctuary. Epically at Christmas time, the beauty and splendor of the sanctuary when the Christmas decorations are up, and the church is singing Silent Night by candlelight. It is a time when the beauty of an innocent and pure angle has poured itself on the congregation. Yet, in all of that beauty there are several dozen children thinking of unwrapping presents.

No comments: