19 August 2006

The BIg Birhtday Party

A week full of events for our little family. I had a Safety Society meeting on Monday, a Church Meeting on Wednesday, everyone had EPIC Thursday, we all had a wedding on Friday, and Saturday was Cap's Party.... What a fun week we have had.

Today, Mazie and I started the day with a short jog/run/walk at the park. Jogging is just not a good speed for Mazie. A few years ago the transmission in my truck had problems, and I lost a couple of gears. It was still drivable, the gears we still in the transmission they just did not work, and I had 1st and 3rd. I drove it like that for a while, so it was either fast of slow. Mazie is set up like the pick-up was at that time, either fast (running) or slow (walking). She does not do second gear (jogging), so it was tough to really get in a rhythm. Added to the speed issue is the fact that Mazie likes to smell things. So we will be cruising along at a “medium pace” and wham, my shoulder jerks back because Mazie is sniffing.

Cap’s party was great. Brad came over and helped cook, Amberly came over and filled balloons and helped Amy get the fixings ready. My mom came over and help with the grass, then she produced Potato Salad (no one makes it as good as my Mom) and baked beans. Everyone was well behaved, even Ryan who came over to help cook, about the time Brad was pulling the last set of patties off the grill. (Ryan has an impeccable sense of timing.) There we some people invited who could not make it because they were out of town, or had stuff come up. They were missed, and they missed a heck of a party. The boys and girl has a good time, and enjoyed their balloons. Below are some snaps of the party.

Cap looking at a new book.

No comments: