24 September 2006

Sunday, Sunday

Last night I started my tractor sprinkler in the back yard, the plan was to have it water all of the back yard. The plan began around 11:00 pm after everyone was done with showers, baths and the like. This morning around 5:15 am I heard the water hitting something and it woke me up. I knew that it should not still be going so I turned it off at the faucet without looking at it location, after all it was dark. This morning when I went to check on it, I found that it had jumped the hose, and the front wheel was resting in one of the flower beds. While it was off course it managed to go over some of the extra hose. Sorry, no pictures of this incident.

Since today was Sunday we went to church, sang in choir and the praise band, and it was all good. I though that the choir sounded good, even though some of the congregation could not hear us. There are feedback issues between the monitors and the choir mics. Such is life; I would like to find a solution to this problem as it has challenged us for a while. It is only two months until Christmas songs will be back on the radio, which is amazing to me. I also attended a meeting a church that lasted for 4 hours, it was scheduled to last that long. It was a good meeting, and I learned about rule #6, which I think I will work on in my life.

One of our neighbors left his wife while we were on vacation; I guess that means he is no longer our neighbor. Today while Cap and I were outside I noticed that he stopped by to drop off his tow kids. It seemed very sad to me to watch from a far distance knowing what confusion those kids must feel.

No comments: