19 September 2006

AMarillo, Cafe Mocha and a Recolection!!!

I was looking at the news tonight as I pondered what to write about, and I had a thought. When I was a kid there were 2 weathermen on the ABC and NBC Stations that had been their for 25 years. I could not tell you about CBS because the only thing CBS had good to watch at the time were the following shows: The Dukes of Hazard, The Love Boat, Dallas, and Falcon Crest. Out of those shows 3 of them were on Friday nights, with the Love Boat being on Saturday night. After the two weathermen left those two stations have gone through lead meteorologist about every other year, especially NBC.
When I was at WT I had to take an oceanography class for my major. I know what you are thinking, Oceanography at WT, yes it is correct. One class we had the first replacement for the weatherman at ABC. He gets up and is talking about Len Slesick and tells the story below:

“The first day I was at the station I had pull reports from the computers models and the National Weather Service. I took them to Len and began to explain what I though the weather would be. He asked me where I got the information and he said, ‘You can just through that way.’ He then got up and started marking the entire map and making predictions without reviewing the weather models. The following day, the weather was just as he had predicted it.” The weather has not been the same sense then, of course I do enjoy the weather guys on ABC and CBS these days…

Tonight we headed to the city in search of TiVio, a device that Amy decided she needed. I think a VCR would work just fine but she was completely dead set on the idea. We ate at Fazolies, went to Barnes and Noble and I acquired a CAFÉ MOCHA!!! It was the corporate Starbucks Coffee, but it was still good. Then we went through the drive though at the pharmacy my sister was working at to say hi. While it was great to see her it felt kind of like what a jailhouse visit would feel. There was a window separating us, and she was talking and listening to a phone handset.

No comments: