23 September 2006

Saturday Night Fever

Tonight I went for a run with Mazie. It is the first time that I have gone out and ran with her in over a week. It was great; the air was cool and crisp as it entered my lungs. The night sky was filled with stars and the surrounds were all quite except for the pounding of my feet. I did notice that I have not been feeling as good over the past week, which I attribute to not running during that time period. Mazie and I did go on a couple of walks during the week, but it is hard to get the heart rate up walking. One of the nights as we traversed the neighbor I could smell the all too familiar smell of a fireplace. Its sweet aroma reminded me of the mountains and all of their splendor and glory. In the winter the mountains are draped in pure white snow showing their beauty, and in the summer the green of the evergreen trees is like the welcoming look of an old friend.

Cap began the rigorous exercise of potty training today. There were times when he enjoyed sitting there and other times when he wanted to eject out of the bathroom as soon as he could. We read several books and had a good time today. He did not want to go to sleep; I think it is because of the change in his life, “Potty Training.” Amy cooked some chicken stir-fry with rice for lunch, and I cooked some ever famous hamburgers. My dad’s dad use to make the BEST hamburgers on Christmas day for supper. After a day of eating and playing with the cousins we would all return for hamburgers. Usually the parents were more relaxed and everyone had a great time.

One Christmas memory that I have is when the keys were lost. My uncle Ed lived in a different town and they had brought to cars to town on Christmas morning. We had spent the morning unwrapping presents which resulted in wrapping paper being everywhere. During the massive clean up the keys were inadvertently thrown in the dumpster. It took a few hours to figure that out, and about 15 minutes to find them in the trash bags filled with paper. The part I remember the most, is you could see the steam rolling out of Uncle EdÂ’s ears as the search began and continued. Ah, memoriesÂ…

I saw a license plate from Kentucky, and though about our dearly departed friends who are there nowÂ…

I was working on watering my grass this morning and the sprinkler broke. Below is a picture of the faulty sprinkler. The water is suppose to shoot out the side through a nozzle which blew off. It looked llittle geysergyiser this morning. It is a good thing they only cost $10 at Wal-Mart.

No comments: