16 September 2006

Chanting

Today I installed 3 new windows at the house, which was good. There are only 3 left to install!!!! The rest of the day was an up and down day. Cap and I had breakfast, and got dressed first thing. He and Amy went outside to watch and play as I installed windows. He played in the dirt so he got hosed off. The life of a two year old must be tough. They can go from happy to upset in 1.2 seconds (faster then any car in the quarter mile.) I am working to find a trick where they will go from sad to happy in the same 1.2 seconds, but thus far I have not had any success.

I purchased a “Chanting CD”, that has Monks chanting. Several months ago, I heard some older religious leaders on the radio discussing Praise and Worship music. Their thoughts were, “These new songs they sign go over the same line over and over and over. That is not really how to worship God.” I do not think that they have a good argument. There is one song in the Hymnal that repeats itself more often then the praise and worship songs. Also, look at the chanting monks, they sing the same verses over and over and over. I do not see anyone saying, “Those guys are not religious.”

While I was working on the windows, I caught up on the Podcast that I had not listened to. I think I listened to 6 hours worth of Podcast today. My ears still feel like they have those silly ear phones in them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chanting, I think we should take chanting up as a youth group. Devin could be the lead chanter, then Grant, Trevor and Kristen could back up chant. WE could have a cd and everything. It would be neato.