05 September 2006

Nebraska

The second half of the journey was not an uneventful adventure. Just using the word adventure brings an undertone of events to the situation. Cap was not feeling well, we are not sure what was going on, I think it was allergies to sleeping in the hotel bed. He was fussy off and on and threw up once while traveling down the interstate. After that Amy drove, and I was demoted to the back seat to entertain and take care of Cap. I also push water to him, because he had not drunk enough. We had a good time back there. He played with his new “Fridge DJ” which I simple call a radio for a long time while I was back there. Additionally, I had to draw cars, trucks, dirt bikes and trains on his magna-doodle.

We did pass by tow signs on the way up both pointing to the same road in the same direction. The first said, “Barton County Community College, 4 mi.” The second sign aptly said, “Barton County Sanitary Landfill.” This made me ponder several points. First of course is whether the college is at the landfill? Secondly, “I bet that school does not smell good.” Finally, “what is sanitary about a dump?”

My sisters place is nice, it was easy to find because my dad had these step by step instructions. Overall Nebraska looks a lot like Kansas. The only real difference that I have seen is, in Kansas everyone has a K-State stickers and shirts, while here in Nebraska they are all adorned with Cornhusker stuff. The local high school mascot is the “Orangemen.” I will have to do some research to determine what an “Orangeman” is to satisfy my quest for truth and knowledge.

No comments: