08 September 2006

Pikes Peak, and The Wedding Singer

I would recommend not going on vacation to a city that is undergoing major road construction. This does absolutely nothing to encourage a relaxing environment. On the positive side of being stuck in traffic, Cap, Amy and I had a nice discussion about trucks and tractors. Amy and I had some discussed the virtues of allowing people on the on-ramp into the traffic, or making them yield the right of way. My though is to allow them in spaced between cars that are one the highway already. Amy though that I should not let them in. I did it both ways, and felt a lot better about my method. We also go to view many different Colorado Licenses Plates. There were some with green mountains and white sky (the old ones), some with white mountains and green sky (the new ones) and some with red mountains and white sky (the special ones).

Adam Sandler stared in a movie called The Wedding Singer several years back. It is a good movie, I liked it. I was living in Canyon when it came out going to college and I went to the movies twice to see it, and that was not the dollar theater either. The movie has a few great scenes, and the more I watch it the more lines I pick up. It I amazing to know the number lines that I missed before. There is a scene where Robbie (Adam Sandler) and his best friend are in a bar. Robbie tells his friend that he was to be like him. The scene plays out with his friend saying, “All I want is someone to hold me and tell me that everything is alright.”

We road the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak. Cap and I did not feel very good at the top. Cap napped about ½ way back in Amy’s lap. It was cold and snowing at the top of the mountain. It was truly and adventure.

Star Wars IV, V, and VI is coming out on DVD September 12, I need to order them.

No comments: