10 July 2006

The Picture

Today I went out to look at a storage tank with Les (our summer intern in our department.) It was a tank that I knew the precise location of, and he was not exactly sure where it was. He took the cap off of a foam connection (part of the fire protection system, normally supposed to be dry) and water started to shoot out. I walked over and grabbed the cap, to close the line off when it slowed down. While I was standing there with a hideous expression on my face, Les took a picture. It is terrible… I got a good laugh about it at the office, and now have something to rib him about the rest of the summer.

I am now officially the President of the Panhandle Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers. While it sounds a bit like the Swisher Sweet Smokers Society (SSSS), it is not quite as fun. The SSSS was a loose organization at the college I attended. It is unfortunate that we enjoyed spending our time making up clubs that would do unhealthy activities. However, at the time it seemed like the correct thing to do. We normally only met once per semester to pass on the secrets of properly smoking a swisher sweet, (since we were all in college that was the best we could afford.) That meeting we would also bring in a new group to initiate, which only amounted to three trivial things.

It is amazing some of the things that we though were cool, and now I look back and think, I can’t believe I used to do that. Perhaps the though has occurred to you, “While it was fun turning everything in Danny’s dorm room upside-down, it was not the nicest thing to do?” If you have I can relate, if you have not, you should find a guy named Danny and turn his room upside-down.

No comments: