27 July 2006

90 mph

Today I woke up and then laid down on the couch, I woke up a 6:30 am, ran around like crazy to make it to my 7:00 am meeting. I did feel rested; I think that I am going though no CafĂ© Mocha withdrawals. I really enjoyed walking to that coffee shop in the mornings in Nawlins, it was like one of the most peaceful times of the day. I would do the same thing here but the coffee shop that is open at 6:00 does not exactly have the same type of atmosphere. It is good, and quite unique, but it is full of smokers on one end that all think they have to talk at 95 dBa. The other end is full of non-smokers who, while they do not smoke, still think they have to talk at 96 dBa because they are better then the smokers. That is not nearly as relaxing as walking into a small coffee shop that has all sorts of strange coffee (that is what the people at the local place here would say, “Coffee, I though it came in two flavors, regular or decafe?”)

Tonight we had EPIC, four letters that mean a great deal to me. Well not the letters, but the people at EPIC…. We had a discussion about where we are heading, and had some good ideas. I was excited about the passion there was for keeping it going, and doing some more studying on a deeper level. Afterwards we though the football, I pull some muscles in my foot when I landed on my toes. I am going to have to give up those activities, and take up something less physical. Perhaps I should try the piano, or maybe writing a book, reading, or knitting. Knitting could be competitive, maybe not in the traditional sense, but I have friends that could make it competitive.

My life feels like it is going 90 mphs, I have stuff planned every weekend from now until after Labor Day. Work has been extremely busy, and I feel like a one armed paper hanger. Life is still great, I have a great little family, and have great friends, who also have great families. If it were not for the outside experiences, perhaps it would be closer to Christ and his blessings.

No comments: