25 July 2006

Cap Slept Under His Bed???

I have not yet recovered from the mission trip as far as sleep goes. Sunday night I tossed and turned, which was in eager anticipation of returning to work. Last night Cap, at some point, got out of his bed and crawled under his bed and went to sleep. At 4:00 he woke up and sat up and banged his head into the bottom of his bed. After that I only slept 30 minutes before it was time to get up. I think the poor little fellow was confused about his location, he seem a little dazed and confused. The end result of all of this, is today I stood up in the back of a room for 45 minutes during a meeting, because I thought I might fall asleep. The subject matter was not very exciting. (A word for everyone that makes fun of me and Bri-dog for talking about work, we only talk about the exciting stuff, none of that meeting will be exciting enough to talk about outside of work.)

Last night I took some pictures of my dad welding, and a couple of my welds that I made. I was impressed with myself, which does not happen that often, because it had be 4 years since I had welded anything. I have posted two pictures below for your viewing pleasure.
My Dad


My Welds

I have been bummed out about all the stuff I am working on at work and home because it is going slowly. Today when I left for lunch I head on the news that a Truck Driver was killed at Lake Steel in Amarillo (New Story: Man Killed At Lake Steel). This is a tragedy, I say that for several reasons. First, all work place injuries and deaths can be prevented. Secondly, this was a living human being that had a gamily, friends, and a life outside of work. It just reminds me of how fragile life is. This has caused me to think more because I was at Lake Steel a few weeks ago picking up a load of metal. I certainly do not want to end on such a low note, so remember to take time to spend with your family, and enjoy life. It is fun, or at least as much fun as we put into life.

1 comment:

R.S. said...

those are some pretty rockin' welds i'd say! are those for the mega-porch or something else?

also a groovy pic of your dad welding.

ryan