02 July 2006

522 Bricks

I finished with the brick flower bed project on the back porch. There was a total of 552 bricks, which are all nicely stacked on the side of the house in the back yard. It took lots of time, 5 springs, and 2 air hammer bits.

I got to sing with the praise band at church today. It was good, a lot better then I had expected. To say it was just “good” does not really give it justice. For me it was excellent!! While we were standing there waiting to start Strebeck asked me to read Psalm 150 right after the first song. I was more nervous about the reading then I was about the singing. When I started reading the passage, it occurred to me that the mic that I was using was muted at the sound board, and therefore, had been muted during the first song. (They were nice enough to turn it on halfway though the reading.)

This afternoon during, youth, hand bells, and dinner afterwards, I was worn out and subdued. To a point I think that Amy probably enjoyed that. I do not know what caused my melancholy mode…

I saw an interesting news story about a husband/wife race. Please click HERE to read. It does not sound like a fun event.

Porch construction details!
I visited with my dad about the design for the new back porch. We have come up with the following plans for the cross piece, which will span 13 feet across. I will get two 2X8X16 board, and trim it down to 2 X 6 ½ X16. We will get a piece of 3/8 in metal and bolt in-between the two boards. This should provide excellent support.

No comments: