23 July 2006

The Mocha Mess

My attempt to make homemade Café Mocha this morning did not work out as planned. It tasted more like, watered down hot chocolate. I did a little more investigation into the receipt for Café Mocha, and I think that it is espresso, mike, cream, and chocolate.

Last night I went up and waited for the N.O. mission trip people to arrive, and they did at 2:00 am. They were surprised to see me, but I did not want to miss their arrival, especially after such a hard trip home. Mazie decided it was time to get up at 6:30 am, so I got a bout 4 hours of sleep. I feed Cap breakfast, and got him dressed this morning, we had a good time. I attended church, had lunch at my parents. Went back to my parents to work on the porch posts, they are being constructed out of 4 in square tubing. I think that they will be stout enough. I miss calculated one of the measurements, so we had to make a few adjustments. My dad did most of the welding, to which I am deeply thankful.

Amy and I attended UMY or youth tonight. There were 8 kids and we had a good devotional and participation in the devotional. All in all it was an uplifting day. There for a while I lamented about returning to work tomorrow, to a job that is not as rewarding as the mission trip. However, I did realize that there is no job that is that rewarding and I should be happy at the ministry opportunities that I have, and the blessings that God has given me. So I am… (no more lamenting, there is a book in the bible called Lamentations.)

Below Cap and Braegan are riding a stick pony in the living room.


No comments: