31 May 2006

The Old Note Pad

Today, I decided not to swim when I rose at 5:00; instead I watched the news for a bit. Then it was off to work, off to the church, off to father’s house, and back home for bath and bed time. Cap and I were flying solo tonight because Amy had Bible study.

The journal entry below I wrote while on the fishing expedition, where we braved hot temperature, threats from the natives and the cattle population that wanted to move into camp with us. It is titled, Old Note Pad. The picture to the left is a scanned image of the "Note Pad"

Today I found an old note pad. I think that it dates back to the fall of 2003. That was an exciting time for me. I went on my first official business trip with my current employer. Amy and I had just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary. An interesting fact is that we celebrated it in Lubbock, Texas. Our trip to Lubbock was not perpetuated by the over whelming romantic atmosphere of the city. Rather, it was to attend another wedding. Amy and I also traveled to Rhode Island for my cousins wedding. The picture to the right is from the trip. I also had the privilege to serve as a Lay Director for a Chrysalis. It was a lot of work, and God lead me though it. It was a true blessing. Currently life is just as exciting; we are remodeling out home, raising our son, and have made some great friends over the past year.

What is it that brings friends tighter in the first place? In college I spent most of my time with guys that lived on the same floor in my dorm, and a friend from back home. He attended ACU while I attended McMurry. Our friendship started (according to our parents) when we were 3. We did not become good friends until his senior year in high school. Prior to that, we were more of acquaintances. By the time I graduated college we had skied tighter, saw George Straight in concert, attended many Tuesday Night Devos at ACU, watched many A&M Football games, and managed to knock of a TV in a College Station Restaurant.

No comments: