01 May 2006

John 4:10 - King James Verson

“Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water” John 4:10 (King James Verson). The first time that I read though this scripture tonight in the King James Bible, I thought that I would have to go fetch the NIV so that I could understand what the verse was talking about. On the second time through I realized that this is the verse about the woman at the well. I was much like the woman at the well and did not understand at first, but later (in my case a few seconds) I did understand. God is all around us, clothed as individuals, babies, people, mountains and trees. He is waiting for us to open the door, or open our eyes to his kingdom here on earth so that we can experience the peace he has for us. Had I not been looking and trying to understand the verse, God would not have spoken to me through his living word.

Amen

No comments: