18 May 2006

Ted, on Immigration

During the latest immigration reform debate, the Senator from Massachusetts (Ted Kennedy) said, “YOU ARE PROPOSING TO PUT UP 371 MILES OF FENCE BETWEEN THE US AND MEXICO, THAT IS ALMOST A ¼ OF THE BORDER! THAT DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR!” I hate to tell you Ted, but if you were my neighbor, I would make sure that I had a fence along all of my border with you. This entire debate is not about being a good neighbor. We have NAFTA, or is the illegal immigration the bonus part of NAFTA? It is about the enforcement of our immigration laws and regulations. The good senator from Massachusetts should remember that at one time his family was immigrants. They had to follow the rules to get to America. I am completely accepting of any immigrant, who gets into the country legally.

Another day has passed, not much wind, I went for a walk.jog with Mazie the wonder dog. WE listened to a report from the BBC.

No comments: