10 May 2006

Deep Blue Something

When I was in college there was a band called Deep Blue Something, of course I called them “Deep Blue Something or another.” They had one big hit as I remember called Breakfast at Tiffanies, but they had some other good songs on their album. On of them was called Home. I always liked that song because it was sort of folkies and punk/alternative combined.

Today I was sitting in Choir practice and I saw a guy standing in the hall, who looked to be waiting for someone. So I got up to see what he needed. He had some story about going back to El Paso and needing gas, so I took him to the gas station and filled his car up. I think that we was wanting me just to give him money, because his car only took 6 gallons of gas. On top of that, he filled it up with Premium, 91 octane, the really expensive stuff. After that he did ask if I could give him any money, and I said no, because I did not have any cash on me, which is not unusual.

Managed to download and listen to my first pod cast on my iPod, while I went for a stroll with Mazie (the dog). It was good, I really like the iPod thing. The show was from AFR called The AFR Report, where these guys sit around and talk about today’s issues. They are pretty interesting to listen to. I normally listen to them for 10 minutes in the car driving back to work. With the Podcast I can here the entire show!

Where did the phrase, “You’re a good man Charlie Brown,” come from? I used it the other day, and one of my friends gave me a hard time about it.

Point of Interest: sued and used have the same letters, I guess that if you are sued, then you feel used.

No comments: