02 May 2006

A Day in the Life and Paris Hilton, Who Cares???

There is a Beatles Song titled, “A Day in the Life,” some days feel like that. (That is what I think the title of the song is, the CD case is in my office and I can’t verify the information on the internet.) It was an adventure, I had a hard time getting up and going this morning. I stayed up last night until midnight, and so 5:21 came early, and there was a definite lack of motivation to get up and moving. I made it to the office by 6:50 am, which is not bad. After that it was one thing after the next until quitting time. Then I went home and cooked some skirt steak that had been marinating since 10:30 the night before. Cap went to Kid’s Camp, Amy had lunch with one of her bible study groups, and I had a TV dinner at home.

Two thoughts came to mind today about the human nature. First, who cares if Paris Hilton split up with her boyfriend? Secondly, what impact will that breakup have on my personal life? Everyone looks up to someone, perhaps it is there parent, or perhaps it is some superstar. It is easier to fill that “hero” position with a superstar, pro athlete, actor, or other famous person that is far removed from the normal person. I think this is because the “Super Star” hero is distance and will not hurt us as much as our parents, or a friend that might be older. Even though they are humans and make mistakes, they are not the kind of mistakes like the mistakes that those close to us can make. The people closest to us will make the mistakes that can scar a relationship for years and years. Thus, Americans find it easier to lookup to someone far removed from their situation. To answer my questions, I do not care if Paris Hilton splits up with anyone, and it has no real impact on my life. It is life, embrace someone who is close to you, give a little of your self. I think this would help Americans with their self centeredness (don’t know if that is a word but I used it.)

Click on the link below to see a really interesting Mustache!
Mustache Picture

No comments: