21 May 2006

Montenegro and Ray Nagin...

Did you know that the county of Montenegro has voted for Independence from Serbia? Did you even know that they were voting on such an item? Here we are in America, living in a state of news isolationism. Sometimes it seems like we are like fish in a tank waiting for the news media to drop their selected news for us to feed on. Making us as a country, ignorant to other issues, or concerns that might affect us, or that we may be passionate about. I like to know what is going on from an unbiased news source. These sources are usually very difficult to find, because the main stream news is biased primarily to the liberal side. An additional problem is that they all report the same news, and if it was not note worthy for the day, the well, it just did not get reported. I have not located the perfect media out let, however, I find that the BBC is good for reporting world wide vents, AFR is good at report Christian issues, and the challenges of America, and that I listen to a lot of NPR news, because they have interesting stories (a bit on the liberal side though). To read more about the Montenegro vote click on the link below. Montenegro's
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5003220.stm

Another note worthy news item is that Ray Nagin was reelected the Mayor of New Orleans. This is a man who lead his city through a hurricane that flooded the city. Also the man that wants New Orleans to be a “Chocolate City”. I would not have voted for him if I lived in New Orleans, because I do not think that he is the caliber person needed to be mayor of the city. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5421043

Due to the impending sever weather, I have elected not to go on the evening stroll with the doggie. It is Sunday evening, and tomorrow will mean another day at work, which I am eagerly anticipating. My boss cam to church again at our church, perhaps he will get into going to church again. It would be good for him. Over the weekend I did quite a bit of rock chipping, the picture on the right side of the screen is some of the results.



I was reading a story to Cap from Richard Scarry’s book, Richard Scarry’s Best Storybook Ever, and saw the picture to the left. This gave me a flash back to when I was a child and spent hours reading the same book. I loved this picture as a child, and always imagined that it was me and my dad out fishing. We have done a lot of fishing together in our lives, and I always enjoy going. The picture has always been such innocent about this picture, not sure why, but it reminds me of a peaceful and tranquil moment on the boat fishing with my dad.

No comments: