09 December 2006

The Nutcracker

Last night Amy and I went to attend the Nutcracker Ballet. It was very good, as it always is, and I enjoyed it more then the last time I saw it. This is the third time I have seen it in the past 8 years. I am not sure why I enjoyed it more, perhaps I understood the story a little more this time. This version was slightly different the last time I watched. The differences were minor, and all tighter it was wonderful. The symphony did their usual excellent job playing the music. Amy really like the tumblers, and the Buffoons in Act 2. I prefer all of Act 1 to the second act; it has more of a storyline.

Today we concurred most of the Christmas shopping needs, which was okay. There were some funny parts, and not so funny parts. I think the traffic was the thing I disliked most. In addition I finally spent the two gift certificates I received for Christmas last year, I though it was time to use them. I purchased a new pair of work boots, and item that I have needed for a couple of years. My old work boots looked like a set of slick tires used for a NASCAR race.

On the lighter side, Stanley went skiing over this weekend; it is his second time to go. I told him to watch out for the trees, they are not the best breaks to use for stopping.
In an AP article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061210/ap_on_go_co/congress_rdp) it was noted that, “Democrats also pointed out that the House met only 102 days this session, fewer than the 110 days of the maligned "do-nothing" Congress of the Truman presidency. “ If there are a total of 365 days in a year and the congress only met for 102 days, what exactly did they do the other 263 days of the year? Did they go play golf with Tom Delay? In the days of FRD it only took congress 100 days to radically change the welfare system, which effects the American people to this date. Yet, our congress, the 109th congress, did little, if nothing at all during the 102 days that they met during this entire year.

Pictures from a performance of the Nutcracker (Please note, this is not from thperformancece or Ballet CoThatat Amy and I saw).


Clarreceiveses the Nutcracker
The Spell #1
The Spell #2


The Battle

No comments: