26 December 2006

Christmas, James Brown and The Blues Brothers

I do not know where my camera is at, I though it might be at my parents, but they would have found it and called. I guess that I will have to search the house more thoroughly then I did earlier.

Today is the day after Christmas, and I enjoyed it. I did not attack the malls in search of post Christmas savings, all though certain members of my extended family did. I did not spend the day traveling, and for that I am thankful. I saw many a family loading up and hitting the road today, a mini-van with the cargo rack full, or with a covered luggage carrier driving down the street. Parents that are tired, kids that are tired and want to play with their new stuff, as the vehicle hits the road. I like not having to travel!

I received several presents on Christmas day, including a new digital watch. I wanted one to use when I run to keep track of how long I have been going. We are going more scientific then just, tired, really tired, and exhausted as measurements for how long I have been running. I also got a copy of the movie "Wings", which is the first Academy Award winner for Best Picture. The interesting thing about the copy that I got, is that it has Japanese all over the back cover, and Japanese subtitles.

James Brown, who is dubbed the Godfather of Soul died on Christmas Day. He had a role in the SNL movie "The Blues Brothers", as a preacher in a soul filled church.

Below is a snippet of dialog from The Blues Brothers
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of
cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

No comments: