13 December 2006

Birthday Cake

“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ~ Bob Hope

It was a very pretty day outside; the temperature was in the 60’s which is warm for the month of December. I had choir practice tonight, which was okay. I think that if we were to receive report cards for our behavior the men’s section would all get a “Talks to Much” and a “Disruptive” notation. We certainly enjoy ourselves even if other’s do not.

Last night we had my mothers’ birthday party. When it was time for cake the boys got back into their chairs, and I went to get a piece for Cap. Cap started asking for cake, and my grandfather said, “He you can have this” and slide over towards Cap an “Adult” size portion of cake. IT took a few minutes to get my grandfather to realize that we were not going to let Cap eat that much cake.

Monday night I had a meeting, last night I had a birthday party, and tonight I had choir and a meeting at the church. I am really ready to spend an evening at home sometime before the end of the year.

I work at a place that will normally give you some recognition for going above and beyond the normal call of duty. This can include a pat on the back, recognition in one of the management meetings, and perhaps a gift certificate. It never involves the death of an animal. Evidently in Turkey, when a job is well done, they will go ahead a sacrifice a camel, or at least at the airport they did. To read the full story click HERE. It did not sound too good for the supervisor who did or oversaw the sacrifice.

No comments: