25 December 2006

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve has always been a time when I have know the order of the families plan well in advance. It has not really changed much since Father introduced the Guessing Game about 20 years ago. The evening begins with a pizza supper, then off to church. We want to make sure we get their early to get the Pew, a concept my grandmother never embraced. (In all honesty, I do not care which pew I sit in, I like to sit close to the front and on the right side. Every time I have set on the left side of the sanctuary, it feels like I am on a ship that is listing to one side.) After church it is time for the guessing game, then to my parents to open presents. That has been the tradition for the last 20 years, this year there was no guessing game. Which certainly did not offend me, but it did throw a curve ball at what I am accustom to.

So on Christmas Eve, we did everything but the guessing game. On my birthday I received a large, really large suit case, and 2 of the 3 movies in the Star Wars Trilogy. On Christmas Eve, I received a normal sized suitcase, and the missing movie, it was like an extension of my birthday.

On a side note, I stumbled across a Wiki site that it completely devoted to Star Wars called Wookieepedia and it’s information. Which leads me to the conclusion that people or some people have to much time on their hands.

The evening was a lot of fun. Cap enjoyed unwrapping presents, although he was tired and easily distracted from the task at hand. Below are a few pictures.

It started with a lot of boxes with pretty wrapping paper, and of course, the three amigos.



Here a picture of the Captian investigating a covered box.


A picture of the aftermath…


My dad received a Special Award, which he was completely focused on the entire time. A picture is below.

No comments: