10 December 2006

Luke 2::8

My sister gave me a birthday card that was, cute. The outside said, You Know, I could have had a worse brother than you… On the inside the card simply says, Cain, for example, Happy Birthday. This Card made me laugh, and I would say it was a priceless moment, but the card cost $, well I am not sure because the American Greetings company does not list the price on the back of their cards.

Tonight I finished reading Cap How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The last few pages of the book are very deep and meaningful. After the Grinch ahs stolen all of the presents, food, trees, and other worldly items of Christmas he is befuddled when the Who’s sing their song. He though that Christmas was only about the presents. The Grinch realizes this, and returns the presents, while the book is not a Christian book it does have a theme that can be pulled from the book. That is the gentle reminder that Christmas is not about the things of this world, but it is about Jesus Christ, out lord and savior.

My Favorite part of Charlie Brown’s Christmas Special is when Linus says, “And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

That is the good news of Christmas…

No comments: