03 October 2006

A Trip to Wal-Mart, a Galaxy, Far, Far away...

Last night I went to Wal-Mart to get a new light bulb for my garage. The lighting in my garage is different because it has one light bulb for the garage, and a fan in the work area. The bulb that illuminates the garage is a 200w light bulb, not the kind that you want to forget and leave on over night that is unless you own the electric company. While I was there I went by the movies section, and because it is Wal-Mart and they have stuff in the aisle ways, I could not help but notice they were playing Star Wars in the aisle next to the movies. I remember going to the movie theater to watch star wars with my dad, granddad, and two cousins, Allen Edward, and Bob. (Of course this could be an imagined memory because my wife seems to think that I do that on occasion.) It was not so much the movie but the fact that a grey headed woman was standing there watching the movie that made me pause. I listened to part of the movie for a few minutes, and caught myself thinking the actors/actress’ lines out before they would say them. Part of the dialog is below:
Leia: This is some rescue!...You came in here. Do you have a plan for getting out?
Han: These are the breaks, sweetheart!
Leia: [blasting a hole with Luke's blaster in the ventilation shaft] Into the garbage chute, flyboy!
As the scene unfolds you have the three rescuers not knowing what to do, and the rescued princess taking control of the situation. Sure, they end up in the bottom of a garbage chute, but they make it out ok. It is a great movie.

Brad, aka “you guys” told me a little about hockey and how rough a sport it actually is. If Cap decides that he wants to play hockey, then I will by him the nicest sets of golf clubs and say, look it is like hockey, you strike a round object with a stick and watch it fly!

No comments: