17 October 2006

Highlighters,

Amy thinks that I am obsessed with the highlighter because I used it the other day to highlight names of people that I knew in an e-mail that was sent, and I highlighted several items from the AP’s “Today In History” that are included below.

In 1931, mobster Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion) sentenced to 11 years in prison, Capone was released in 1939).

In 1933, Albert Einstein arrived in the United States as a refugee from Nazi Germany.

In 1973, Arab Oil producing nations announced they would begin cutting back oil exports to Western nations and Japan; the result was a total embargo that lasted unit March 1974.

The importance of Einstein coming to America in 1933 was his ability, along with Leó Szilárd’s urging, to send a letter to Roosevelt to encourage nuclear development.

I went out to eat lunch with Amy, at the coffee ranch, she had to order because I am unsure of what she normally orders for me. Mazie the wonder dog wanted to sleep where my feet normally are, which lead to striff between me and the doggie. Below are some pictures that we finally go developed, for your viewing pleasure.



Cap, at the Park

Cap watching Whaetly

Cap with short hair, early in the summer

No comments: