20 October 2006

The Mets

Last night we had EPIC, which I enjoyed immensely, being at how we did not have it the week before last. It was good to see everyone and visit. Today, I went to town with Amy to drop cap off, and take a few things to the Waste Transfer Facility, my involvement was limited to sitting in the car adjusting the air conditioner, and changing the radio.

Last night I was to distraught over the Mets loss to write, the final batter, was struck out looking. That is like running past your goal, or watching you Ginga Tower Collapse. The Mets just did not Believe enough so the Cardinals got to saw, Go Home Mets...

On the news lately there has been a rash of news stories about the corruption on Capital Hill. This leads me to ponder the following question: “Can legislators actually write rules that will govern their “soft money contributions” and “gifts from lobbyist”? Since I was in the corruption spirit, I watched All the Presidents’ Men. This movie recounts Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein’s investigation into President Nixon’s Watergate Break-in.

The city’s emergency response personnel and school district had a drill today, which was really unannounced to the public. It was one of those state mandated, you have to get kids on the bus and ship them across the town drill. It was interesting, because they closed part of my street for about 10 minutes during the “Drill”.

No comments: