30 June 2006

Sunday School

Why is Generation XY not as strong about going to Sunday school? This is a question that is currently perplexing members of my church. I am not as perplexed as they are in the matter because I am in the XY generation. I was born in the years that overlap between generations. Hopefully I will take the best traits for each of the generations and run with them. Back to Sunday School… I am not sure why our church does not have any young adult couple who attend Sunday School Perhaps it is that we do not have an established class. There have been several attempts made at establishing a class but it has not yet been successful. I think it partly has to do with the lack of fellowship with the Sunday School classes at this time. I can remember when I was a child, my parents would go snow skiing with their class, they would have parties and gatherings. For the this generation a lack of fellowship will not drive involvement in the class. That would be one of the fundamanet issues that I would tag with a lack of involvement in Sunday School. The nomenclature of “Sunday School” will conger up images of school, and a teacher with a steel ruler who would wrap your knuckles if you miss behaved. In lieu of Snday School it should be called, Sunday Bible Study.

The days events…
Went to work, that was fun. Death with several vendors at work, and boy was it fun. Cap is doing well tonight, it was 12:45 am before hew went to bed last night.Epic was good, we had some evening full of converstaion and some games.

No comments: