18 June 2006

Father's Day 2006 (#2)

Today was Father's Day, and it was actually my second one at being a father. I got several nice cards, the fronts of which I scanned in and they are below. (Please note that they are all under copyright.) All in all it was a busy day, I water the grass, went to church, Amy cooked dinner for Cap, me, herself and Father (my granddad). I though was very sweet of her to do, and it was a wonderful meal. We had spaghetti, Caesar Salad, and Strawberry Shortcake. I have always wondered why it was called short cake; I would hate to see a "Tall cake". In addition to that, we had a church wide picnic, and swimming party which was fun. Cap still has not warmed up to the idea of swimming; I suppose that we will have to go more often.

Today at church one of the "golden" women of the church made an announcement about a fund raiser that the United Methodist Women (UMW) were having. During her announcement, she went on to explain that Ceta CanyonÂ’s system of Cest Pools was no longer legal, and they were going to have to develop a new waste water treatment system. To this day, I do not think that I have ever heard anyone mention Cest Pools from the pulpit or lecture (the side where we make all the announcements, because the preacher is the only one to use the other side). For reasons that I cannot explain, I though that it was an unusual announcement at best. Why not just say, "Ceta Canyon has to implement a new waste water treating facility, come by a sandwich and the money will go to this project."

Back to the cards, the first one is from Cap, it is special because he picked it out all by himself.

This one is from Amy, and it is a neat card. I feel sure that she also picked it out without assistance.

Finally, the card from my parents, it is short and to the point.

I recieved several nice presents from Amy and Cap. The one that I am most fond of is a little statue that Amy got me to put on my desk at work. It is a nice statue of a father speaking to his son.

No comments: