26 June 2006

Another Monday

Tonight Amy and I went to the city to order some more windows for our house. The home improvement quest keeps on going. We had a great dinner at Fazoli’s, it was Italian food, and it was quick. The service at Home Depot was slow to say the least, and I was glad to be leaving the store. I did sign up for the Home Depot credit card, because it saved 10% on the total price of the purchase. Normally I would not do such a thing, however, the price tag was worth the hassle. I was in a training class all day at work, that really takes it our of me, just sitting all day.

Amy listened to the song I downloaded yesterday End of the Line. After listening to the song she said, “It has a nice beat, the guy’s voice is nice, but I did not like the story.”

During the bed time reading, I read two poems by Shel Silverstien. One of them is below:
Sky Seasoning
A piece of sky
Broke off and fell
Though the crack in the ceiling
Right into my soup.
KERPLOP!
I really must state
That I usually hate
Lentil soup, but I ate
Every drop!
Delicious delicious
(A bit like plaster),
But so delicious, goodness sake—
I could have eaten a lentil-soup lake.
It’s amazing the difference
A bit of sky can make.
When I read the poem I did not think that it made much sense. I though that I could drone on in the blog about the fact that it did not make sense. Furthermore, I was going to go off on a tangent about poets and how strange their words are.

Then all of a sudden
IT occurred to I
That of all the things
I could not do
Was to criticize someone
Who wrote their thoughts…
J P

No comments: