17 February 2007

Saturday Evening Post

I always wondered why you would call a magazine the Saturday Evening Post, and then it hit me, it was a weekly magazie that came out on Saturday evening before the time of Disco, Dancing, Movies, Cable TV (TV in general), the internet and of course blogging, even AM radio was not around. The Post began in 1821. A time when our country was in its infancy, before it became the "Melting Pot". Amercia had gone from the "Great Melting Pot," to "Amercia, the land of political correctness" subtitled, "Where if you offend anyone other than white male christians, you must appoligize profusly..." I certainly do not conden running around offending people, but if my beliefs do, I have to tell you, I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Yesterday, I was going to write a blog about being tired, and had the title already picked out, it was going to be, "Wiped Out...", I fell asleep on the couch waiting for the local news. When I woke up Connan O'Brian's show was on, which seems to be just garbage. Yesterday that was a large explosion at a petroluem refinery about 45 miles from here. You could see the smoke, below (at the bottom) are a few pictures that I found on the internet.
Today was a productive day, I hung a door and put 3 coats of stain on 10 pieces of trim, and about 16 blocks. I wanted to get this posted on saturday, but looking at the clock it has already become Sunday (12:06).

Eveidently Britiny Spears shaved her head, it was all over the news, commentators talking about why she would do such a thing. Some people are saying she is crying for help, and others are perplixed. The real reason, not matter what she says, is publicity... she has been put in the back seat by a famous lady (ummmm that is the best word I could think of) that is dead, so she has to pull some kind of stunt. The really intersting part is one of the bible versus that I read tonight said:

The Lord said, "The daughters of Zion are proud. They walk with heads held high and a wrong desire in their eyes. They walk with short steps, making noise with the chains on their ankles. So the Lord will make sores come upon the heads of the daugh-ters of Zion, and take the hair from their head. In that day the Lord will take away the beauty of their ankle chains, headbands, moon-like objects... Isaiah 3:16-18




No comments: