20 February 2007

Fat Tuesday

I have always though the tradition of Fat Tuesday, more precisely "Mardis Gras" to be strange and quite in contrast to the entire lent season. Lent is a season in which you give normally give something up in as a sing of repentance. Christ, and Christianity in general teach that over indulgence in anything (with the exception of God) is a bad thing. If you are over indulging in things of this world how can you be loving God with all of your Heart, Mind, and Body. Yet, the day before Lent starts there are all sorts of parties where by people over indulge in everything. I am drinking a Dr. Pepper and eating stinky chips tonight, because I am giving them up for lent, along with watermelon.

Today was a Tuesday but it felt like a Monday all day long, and it was filled with a few surprises and course corrections. I attended a meeting at church which was okay, sometimes I feel bewildered after these meetings, especially when we talk about the areas that are in need of work. It invariably seems that I am involved in whatever area needs improvement...

No comments: